Dials, Knobs, Switches by staytru8
We’re out to find an amazing Interaction Designer with experience in information architecture and user experience strategy. This is a great opportunity to not only create elegant solutions for our client’s challenges in the web and mobile space but also help shape our growing design discipline. If you’re passionate about designing creative technology and are seeking an environment with people who love to build it, we’d love to have you as a member of our team.
Please be prepared to share work experience that demonstrates the following:
- At least 3 years of experience as an interaction designer, information architect, user experience designer or similar role
- Background in technology an asset (Show us something you’ve built, not just designed)
- Familiarity with a range of creative design tools including: OmniGraffle Professional, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Visio, a pen and a sketchpad
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly present and defend ideas
- Collaborative personality with the desire to iterate a solution through various inputs and feedback
- Able to effectively manage timelines and comfortably communicate with clients through the project lifecycle
- Desire to contribute to our culture and help shape our practices
- Must live in or be willing to commute to Toronto
A bit about Uproot
Uproot is a boutique user experience-driven technology agency founded on the belief that digital solutions can solve many problems for industries, organizations and individuals challenged by our changing environment. As creative technologists, our solutions include design and development for web services, products and marketing. We maintain a streamlined staff that is responsible for their own interactions with clients to promote a more efficient and clearer work environment. We believe doing things simply requires anything but a simple effort. Above all, we value our team and believe that an energetic, fun and creative work environment produce the best results for everyone we work with.
We’re located at 110 Spadina Avenue
Sitting in a sweet Aeron chair, sipping fair-trade french-press coffee and overlooking a beautiful view of the city, you’ll love to work:
- In the heart of the Fashion District
- Right next to the Spadina 510 and King St 504 streetcar lines
- 3 blocks away from the city’s best Chinese eateries
- Down the street from Dark Horse Espresso and Jimmy’s Coffee
- Inside the historic Tower Building overlooking Adelaide and Spadina
How to apply
If you’re interested, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Please no solicitations by phone or in person. We thank everyone for their interest. Candidates will be responded to in a timely manner.