We’re seeking a talented Designer to join our team. In this wide-ranging role, you’ll be tasked with solving key user experience challenges using a confluence of skills including art direction, information architecture, research and prototyping.
In our open environment you’ll collaborate with an experienced group of developers dedicated to bringing great ideas life for various organisations including non-profits, startups, the public sector and marketing agencies.
Here’s what you should have
- A passion for solving problems
- At least 2 years of experience designing digital products, services and marketing for the Web
- Sound understanding of visual design principles such as grid-based design, color theory and typography
- Experience building or prototyping a Web site, game or application you designed
- Strong familiarity with the following software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), OmniGraffle Professional
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly present and defend ideas
- Ability to represent Uproot at related industry events, presentations and conferences
- Collaborative personality with the desire to iterate a solution through various inputs and feedback
- Able to effectively manage timelines and comfortably communicate with clients through the project lifecycle
- Desire to contribute to our culture and help shape our practices
- Must live in or be willing to commute to Toronto
- Bonus: Experience employing interaction design and usability practices including user research, persona development, information architecture and prototyping
A bit about Uproot
Uproot was founded on the belief that technologists who empathize with the user are critical to delivering great digital experiences. Our process is focused on one thing: crafting elegant and engaging Web-based solutions to interesting problems.
As a young firm in our fourth year this unique role will allow you to have a significant impact on how we not only deliver our work but how we shape our business as well.
We also offer a competitive compensation package that includes incentives for bringing in new businesses, a conference budget and a bonus structure based on personal and company performance. Plus a room to store your bike.
We’re located at 110 Spadina Ave
Sitting in a sweet Aeron chair, sipping fair-trade french-press coffee and overlooking a beautiful view of the city, you’ll work:
- in the heart of the Fashion District
- right next to the Spadina 510 and King St 504 streetcar lines
- 3 blocks away from the city’s best eateries
- down the street from Sense Appeal and Jimmy’s Coffee
- inside the historic Tower Building overlooking Adelaide and Spadina
How to apply
If you’re interested, please contact us by email:
Please no solicitations by phone or in person. We thank everyone for their interest. Candidates will be responded to in a timely manner.